Fr. Ernest began St. Louis Elementary School soon after becoming headmaster at St. Louis High School in 2008. As an avid gardener would, he designed a plan to develop children who could eventually attend the high school. Fr. Ernest's connection with Tek4Kids was a natural fit because he loves technology. When he met Tek4Kids founder Gary Boice, he realized they had a common goal to benefit the community through technology.
The growing relationship between Fr. Ernest and Tek4Kids has been mutually beneficial: it has allowed Tek4Kids to establish roots in Jeremie and has raised the school's profile. Fr. Ernest's plan to help the children flourish from the elementary level has proven to be a winning aspect of the program.
Projects at St. Louis Elementary
Below are the details on our projects at St. Louis Elementary. For general information on each project, click on the corresponding icon.
- 8 classes per week
- Subjects taught: Introduction to iPads, Environmental Education, Experimental Science and French
- Preschool through Grade 4
- Students walk to St. Louis High School to use the 36 iPads located there
- 1000 gallons purified by the system each week
- 2 storage tanks (500 gallons)
- 2 treatment tanks (500 gallons)
- Additional features: three water jug fill stations and two fill stations for 5-gallon buckets installed