In some ways, Tek4Kids owes it very existence to St. Therese Montessori School! When Gary and Cathy Boice discovered the need for clean drinking water for St. Therese students in Jeremie, Haiti in 2006, the idea for Tek4Kids was born. With their vision, Tek4Kids has since focused on bridging the poverty gap in Haiti through education and technology.
Located in one of the poorest areas in Jeremie, St. Therese serves 345 students, preschool through fifth grade. A second floor was added to their building in 2014, along with fresh, colorful paint.
Gary and Cathy recently noted that Madame Clovita has few resources, but finds a way to help make her school successful!
News from St. Therese Montessori School
Projects at St. Therese Montessori
Below are details on our projects at St. Therese Montessori. For general information on each project,
click on the corresponding icon.
- 4 classes per week
- Subjects taught: Typing and Microsoft Word
- Preschool through Grade 6
- 1 computer classroom
- 18 laptops located in school
- 14 classes per week
- Subjects taught: Introduction to iPads, Environmental Education, Experimental Science and French
- Preschool through 6
- 20 iPads located in school
- 1500 gallons purified per week
- 2 storage and 2 treatment tanks (500 gallons each)
- Additional features: 3 water jug fill stations, a 5-gallon bucket fill station and a hand washing station installed