With great anticipation, Tek4Kids opened St. Francis School of Technology in September, 2015 with a premier class of 24 young men and women. Functioning as a secondary education school, the curriculum focuses on preparing students for specific jobs in the IT field, as well as guiding them in starting their own businesses.
Because Tek4Kids strives to help students succeed in a global economy, English is also part of the curriculum. In addition to this, St. Francis will offer post-graduate support to students to aid in their employment search. Through this school, Tek4Kids hopes to advance its mission and bridge the gap from school to the workplace by providing students with the necessary skills to obtain employment in the IT field in local or global settings.
Information Technology is a powerful, effective tool that contributes to the innovation of human life and makes the world smaller by bringing people together.
- JEAN ALSON, ST. FRANCIS SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY STUDENT
- Teach curriculum that prepares students for employment in the Information Technology field.
- Equip students to start their own businesses by focusing on language skills, entrepreneurship, website design, programming, and IT support.
- Provide students with post-graduate support as they seek employment, including resume and interview preparation and business contacts.
Volunteer English professor Rose Yunker, pictured here with the inaugural class of the St. Francis School of Technology, affirms that her students see mastery of the English language as key to a successful future.
William Philippe, SFT team leader, recently earned certifications as a Microsoft Specialist and Microsoft Solutions Associate. St. Francis students will benefit from Philippe's hard won achievement!
As Tek4Kids continues to recover from Hurricane Matthew in 2016, Transparent Languages provided 24 licenses free of charge to replace those lost in the storm. St. Francis students benefit from this collaboration!
Learning at St. Francis School of Technology
- Volunteer to teach English as a second language (Haiti)
- Share business expertise with upper classes (Haiti)
- Develop training program to assist students with career development (USA)
... and many more opportunities. Your interests are not listed? Just contact us through the volunteer form to find out how you can make an impact with your unique skill set!